Types of programs superfluous on Windows that you do not need to use
11 types of programs that really do not need anymore on Windows, which are superfluous and, sometimes, even useless.
When you browse the internet from a Windows PC you can discover articles and advertisements on programs, system tools and optimization utilities that promise to make the computer go faster and get it back again.
In blogs like Navigaweb are only reported free and verified programs but often in other sites or in advertising users are invited to install paid software, considered by many indispensable to make a computer with Windows operating system.
Even if the writer can be defined as a real freak who enjoys trying all kinds of system tools, the purpose of this article is to report 11 types of programs that really do not serve a normal user.
These are types of tools that, in many cases, are pure trash that only waste time without giving the desired results or, in some cases, even worsening the situation.
In some cases there may be exceptions, in others we may disagree, but in general all that is listed here is always superfluous, if not useless and harmful .
1) The Registry Cleaner
On this there is no doubt, the programs that clean the registry keys do not speed up the PC and, at best, are a waste of time.
It is not necessary in Windows to clean the Registry.
There are, theoretically, some scenarios in which the cleaning of the registry could solve a problem but these are isolated and not at all frequent cases.
Running a registry cleaner frequently will probably result in computer problems.
As written in the article on registry cleaner problems (Registry Cleaner), the registry is huge and the cancellation of even a few thousand items is really irrelevant.
If you really want to use a registry cleaner, the only recommended program is CCleaner which, even if superfluous, acts prudently and never causes problems.
2) PC Cleaner PC: cleaning programs are another category of software that should not be used.
Like registry cleaners, they are advertised as essential, indispensable tools that can never be lacking and should be used once a week.
Pay programs of this type, which delete obsolete and temporary files, backups, system logs and browser caches, are superfluous.
Ccleaner , free and clean, is needed to clean temporary files on your computer .
3) Memory optimizers: This category of programs does not really need anything.
Windows today does not need any help in optimizing RAM memory.
This is the kind of program that once worked, when Windows 98 was slow to free up memory and when computers were weak.
On the contrary, a memory optimizer that remains running in the background slows down the performance of the computer as it employs resources to delete data in the RAM cache.
The only way to free up memory on your computer is to close some programs.
4) Update Driver: Some “geeks” use automatic programs to update the drivers to a new version. These tools were useful until a while ago, before Windows 7. Today, especially with Windows 8, the drivers are updated automatically via Windows Update and there is no need to look for new versions around if everything works fine.
The only driver that requires frequent updates, if you are a player, is that of the video card.
5) Game Booster :Game Booster is a program that improves the performance of PC games .In a normal computer, where program management takes care of in the background, the system does not need to be “optimized” for games by a program like Game Booster. Of course, if you let several programs start loading, Torrent is unloaded or Emaule is used, you do not need Game Booster to tell us that before playing a 3D game, it would be better to close them
6) Defragmentation Programs: In another updated article are reported the best programs to defragment the disk that work well.
However, these programs are useless today because Windows already has its integrated defragmentation tool that is more than excellent.
Also you do not even need to use it because in Windows 7 and Windows 8 the hard disk is automatically and silently defragmented so you will never have a fragmented disk.
7) SSD optimizers: In the past I had reported programs to optimize the SSD disk .
The idea is that solid-state drives require a program to optimize their use by Windows so they can run at top speed and without getting damaged, but there’s no real proof of this.
This type of programs is still useless because Windows 8 and Windows 7 are able to manage SSDs well.
The important thing is to keep in mind the things you never do on a computer with SSDs
8) Uninstallers of programs
This is the kind of software that many people like, the uninstaller that removes the programs completely, without leaving any trace.
The process of uninstalling Windows programs is not perfect, and it is true that often remain useless files around after their removal.
To avoid this, some people use uninstall programs like Revo uninstaller to delete all the files that a program could leave behind.
Although uninstallation programs may have a useful purpose for them, it is not worth the hassle of having to use them for most people.
The few files left of the programs removed, generally, are not a problem, take up little space, are hidden and do not slow down the performance of the computer.
Unless we are real geeks that we install and uninstall numerous software every day, this category of tools can be considered superfluous.
9) Automatic update of programs: In this case too we are faced with something that today is superfluous but useless, but which in the past made sense.
Until recently, computer programs did not update automatically, so a tool that would check for important updates was needed.
Today, any application that requires frequent updating has its own integrated function to download and install updates and patches, the important thing is not to disable or reject them.
10) Outgoing firewall For starters, Windows has its own firewall that blocks unauthorized programs to communicate with the internet and blocks incoming connections.
What is useless is to check outgoing traffic, which Windows does not do by default.
The industry of desktop firewalls, to give products with more functionality than the firewall built into Windows, make the control of outgoing traffic or check the permissions of the programs to connect to the internet.
This feature today is not very useful, because the programs that connect to the internet or do it to download information and data (such as the browser) or to check for updates.
Let’s face it, if you’re running a program on your computer that you do not trust, instead of blocking its traffic, it’s better to remove it from the system.
11) The antivirus suites: Do not get misunderstood, antivirus is useful, security suites are different. They are a collection of different programs that include phishing filters, heavy firewalls with lots of knobs and controls, cleaning programs that consider all browser cookies to be a threat and more.
Of course, this article cannot be taken to be true in the absolute sense and there are cases where many of these programs could actually be useful.
For example, an uninstaller program can be a salvation if a software refuses to uninstall itself.
But these are always borderline cases, which do not concern most of us, that we should not be duped by advertisements and pseudo-technical articles written just to make some audience.